At Dillman Farm we believe that the food we eat should be as simple as possible because our families deserve good, honest, and tasty food. As we look to the future we commit to our customers and to ourselves to keep our family and yours at the center of everything we do. Pure. Clean. Simple.
Why Choose Glass Over Plastic?
1. Glass is better for the Earth
- Plastic production releases toxic chemicals into the air
- Plastic is a form of pollution that affects our environment
- Recycling glass is cost-efficient and can be reused. -> Recycled glass uses 40% less energy than manufacturing new glass, and up to 80% of all recycled glass can be recycled. Not all plastic can be recycled; only 6.8% of the total plastic in the world is recycled.
2. Glass is safer for the environment
- In plastic, toxic chemicals may transfer from the container to the food inside the container.
- Glass does not transfer any toxic chemicals from the container to the food inside.
3. Glass is durable
- Unless dropped, glass lasts a long time without scratches or discoloration.
- Plastic containers will start showing wear on them, while glass will last for a lifetime!
4. Glass is easier to clean
- Plastic will melt and transfer harmful chemicals while in the dishwasher.
- Glass can easily be cleaned and sanitized at high temperatures.
5. Glass can be heated
- Glass can be heated with no damage to the jar or any transferring of harmful chemicals.
- Plastic will melt and transfer harmful chemicals and makes it impossible to heat up safely.