Valentine Cherry Heart Pies
- 1 box pie crust, frozen
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Dillman Farm Cherry Preserves
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Cut out even numbers of hearts from the pie dough.
- Mix the milk and egg to make an egg wash.
- Using half of the egg wash, spread it on the edges of the heart shaped pie dough pieces.
- Place the cherry preserves in the middle of half of the hearts.
- Place another heart on top of the hearts with cherry preserves.
- Using a fork, press the two hearts together.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of the hearts.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Let cool. Serve plain or sprinkle powdered sugar over the mini pies.
Tried this recipe? Take a picture and tag us on social media for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!