- 1 box pie crust, refrigerated
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Dillman Farm Cherry Preserves
- Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Cut out even numbers of hearts from the pie dough.
2. Mix the milk and egg to make an egg wash. Using half of the egg wash, spread on the edges of the heart shaped pie dough.
3. Place the cherry preserves in the middle of half the hearts.
4. Place another heart on top of the hearts with cherry preserves. Using a fork, press the two hearts together.
5. Sprinkle sugar on top of hearts
6. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until edges are brown.
6. Let cool. Serve plain or sprinkle powdered sugar over the mini pies.