- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 jar Dillman Farm Apricot Preserves
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder until they are combined well.
- Melt the butter in another mixing bowl. Then add the sugar and the zest of the lemon and mix until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract into the butter mixture.
- Combine both the dry to the butter mixture and mix it till it is in a nice smooth ball.
- Set oven to 350.
- Using a cookie scooper, put half the dough on one baking sheet and the other on a side plate.
- Flatten all of the dough balls with a spatula.
- Add a teaspoon of preserves on half of the flatten dough pieces.
- Take the other half of flatten dough pieces and place on top of the dough with preserves on top. Using a fork, press the edges of both pieces of dough together.
- Using a knife, cut slits into the top piece of dough making it look like a pie.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
Tried this recipe? Take a picture and tag us on social media for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!