- 3 cups sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 1/4 cup butter - cut into pieces
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 cup Dillman Farm F.R.O.G. Preserves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add butter, flour, and salt, then process until mixture resembles sand.
- Add 1 cup flour mixture to almonds.
- Add beaten egg to remaining flour mixture and pulse until mixture begins to clump together.
- Transfer mixture from processor to a 9x1 inch round tart pan with a removable bottom. Press mixture with floured fingers onto bottom and up side of pan and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir F.R.O.G preserves to loosen.
- Rub almond mixture in bowl between your palms to form small clumps.
- Remove tart shell from oven and spread preserves over bottom.
- Sprinkle almond mixture over preserves and bake tart 10 minutes.
- Cool tart in pan on a rack. Loosen side of pan with a knife, then remove it.
Tried this recipe? Take a picture and tag us on social media for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!