PB&J Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 jar of Dillman Farm Preserves (we used Strawberry Rhubarb and Seedless Grape Preserves)
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat butter, peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together in a separate bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Scrape sides of bowl with a rubber spatula. Add egg to butter mixture and beat on medium speed until blended. Scrape side of bowl down again.
- Beat flour mixture into butter mixture on low speed until just blended. Scrape bowl and mix a few more seconds.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scoop teaspoonfuls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until partially cooked, 11 minutes.
- Use a teaspoon to make an indent in the center of each cookie and fill indention with preserves.
- Bake for 7 minutes in the oven. Allow to cool for a couple minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Tried this recipe? Take a picture and tag us on social media for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!